Tips for Packing Fragile Items from Independence Storage
How to Pack Your Fragile Items for Storage in Mountain View, CA
Fragile items require extra care when packing and moving. Independence Storage is happy to offer you some tips for packing your fragile items to move them into our storage units in Mountain View, CA. Fragile items are those that can break easily, including glass, valuable collectibles, musical instruments, and more. It’s important to spend a bit of extra time to ensure you’re packing and transporting these fragile items safely. No one wants anything to break while moving, so be sure to learn how to pack your fragile items for storage. Contact our team with any questions or to get a quote for a self-storage unit.
How to Pack and Move Your Fragile Items
If you’re moving fine china into a storage unit, you’ll need to take extra care to ensure your fragile belongings come out in one piece. Start by layering a compact box that weighs no more than 10 pounds with packing peanuts. Wrap each piece of china individually. Bubble wrap is a great way to wrap fragile items. Place your wrapped china inside the box vertically and fill the empty space between them with packing peanuts or crumpled newspaper. Seal the box and mark it as “fragile” with a marker. It’s also a good idea to label the box, so you know what’s in it later. Be sure to use arrows to indicate which side is up. You may also want to use sturdy cardboard dividers between individual cups and other large items, so they don’t bang around. If you use these precautions, your china should arrive in perfect condition.
Tips for Keeping Fragile Items Safe in Storage
Whether you’re removing clutter from your apartment or are in-between homes, renting a storage unit can be extremely helpful. You want to make sure your belongings remain in the same condition they were when they left your home. That means you’ll need to ensure you pack using the proper techniques and materials. Keep reading to learn some useful tips for keeping your fragile items safe while moving them into or out of storage:
- Packing Smart – Your time is valuable, but investing time to pack smart will help ensure your fragile items end up in one piece. Poor packing is one of the most surefire ways to end up with broken belongings when you retrieve them from your storage unit. Fragile items deserve more attention and tend to be more valuable than those that aren’t easily broken. Start by using sturdy boxes that are appropriately sized for your items. The less free room you leave in the box, the less your items can move around.
- Choosing a Safe Storage Facility – How you pack your fragile items is important. But, a safe storage facility is also critical. A quality storage rental company will be attentive and accommodating so you can rest assured that your important belongings are in good hands. Make sure your storage unit is adequately protected, so you don’t have to worry about thieves breaking in and stealing, vandalizing, or damaging your fragile items. Insuring your belongings is another good option.
- Arranging Your Storage Unit – Keeping your fragile items safe starts with packing but also has to do with the arrangement of your storage unit. You never want to stack heavy boxes on top of those that contain fragile items, even if they seem perfectly secure. You also don’t want to stack boxes with fragile items too high. If any of the boxes crumble over time, you could return to your storage unit to find your prized vase shattered on the floor. Keep boxes with fragile items out of aisles where you might accidentally kick them, and be sure to label your boxes so you know which ones contain vulnerable materials.
Should You Put Your Fragile Items in Storage?
All kinds of items and belongings can go into your storage unit as long as you plan ahead. Safely packing fragile belongings such as heirlooms and wedding china can ensure they’re protected from mold, burglary, and other dangers when stored correctly. Learn when these items should be kept in storage:
- If They Are Rarely Used – Old items that you rarely use, such as paintings, heirloom furniture, or expensive china and crystal, can be protected in storage.
- If You Are Transitioning – Whether you’re moving from one home to another or remodeling, there are plenty of reasons to store your fragile items.
- If They Will Be Protected – Your attic, garage, or closet might not be the best place to keep fragile items because they could be damaged by moisture, mold, or other factors.
Choosing the Best Storage Facility for You
A self-storage unit is a great option if you want to keep your fragile items safe and secure. Independence Storage in Mountain View, CA is an excellent place to keep your fragile belongings. Our ground-level units with ten-foot-high ceilings make storing your fragile items easy. Our storage facility is secure and we have on-site managers to make sure you’re always taken care of. Contact us today to learn more, schedule a tour, or reserve your storage unit.
- Customer Reviews
- Convenient Storage
- Secure Storage
- Independence Storage
- Maximizing Storage Space
- Packing Tips
- Storage Unit
- Taping Boxes
- College Student Storage
- Boat storage
- Self Storage
- Fragile Items
- Organize your space
- Organized Packing
- storage facility
- self-storage unit
- Storage Rentals
- Professional storage services
- storage services
- Self Storage Insurance