Tips for Taping Moving Boxes from Independence Storage
Taping Boxes for Storage for Your Move in Mountain View, CA
You can pack your boxes perfectly, but not taping them correctly can make your move a disaster. Independence Storage wants to provide you with tips for taping your moving boxes and transporting them to a self-storage unit. Learning some useful strategies for taping and packing your boxes can make your move easier and ensure everything gets into storage safely and securely. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need more information on our storage facility in Mountain View, CA.
Taping Your Boxes for Storage 101
When you’re packing up boxes to put in your storage unit rental, you should know the correct way to form sturdy boxes. You’ve spent time and money packing your self-storage unit, so you should spend that little bit of extra time to ensure your boxes are taped correctly. There’s more to taping up a box correctly than just slapping a piece of tape on it. For the best method, use four individual lines of tape to secure your box for the storage unit. Each piece of tape supports the bottom of the box, so your personal possessions are protected. After that, you’ll need to stack your boxes correctly and safely. Use a tape dispenser to save time and frustration. Our team can help you locate all of the supplies you will need for moving your belongings into storage so you can complete your moving process quickly and easily. The following steps tell you exactly how to tape your boxes for storage:
- 1. Lift your box up and tuck down the sides
- 2. Fold-down all the flaps at the bottom of your box, which is now upside down
- 3. Use a generously sized piece of tape running down the middle of the box where the flaps meet and extend down on each side
- 4. Push each piece of tape close to the surface
- 5. Use another piece of tape perpendicular to the first piece
- 6. Use two more pieces of tape to form an X from corner to corner
- 7. After packing your boxes, tuck in the top and push for a nice, tight seal in the middle
- 8. Tape straight down the center where the flaps meet as you did for the bottom
- 9. Use two parallel pieces of tape to fully secure your box
Tips for Packing & Taping Boxes for Your Storage Unit
Not all tape is created equal. Be sure you use packaging tape instead of scotch or masking tape for your boxes. Once you get all your boxes taped up safely, you need a storage facility to keep them secure. Packing your boxes securely may be a bit tedious, but it can make the difference between getting your items into storage without damaging them and having a nightmarish moving situation. Check out the following tips for packing boxes for your storage unit:
- Using the Right Boxes – It may sound backward, but heavy items should be packed in small boxes, while light items should be placed in larger ones. Large boxes full of heavy items are difficult to move and are more likely to break during transport.
- Packing Heavy to Light – Place heavier items at the bottom of your boxes and lighter items on top. This prevents lighter, fragile items from breaking and increases stability. Do the same thing when placing boxes in your storage unit, with heavy boxes on the bottom and lighter ones on top of them.
- Filling in Empty Spaces – Too much empty space in a box allows items to shift around and potentially break. Fill in gaps with items such as towels, clothing, or packing paper.
- Labeling and Taping Boxes Well – Label each of your boxes with its contents and the room of your home it belongs in. Use the color-coding strategy in the next section to make things even easier on yourself.
Color Coding Your Storage Boxes Saves You Time
Color coding your boxes can make it easier to find and retrieve them from your self-storage unit in the future. Feel free to get creative because you can use any color-coding system that makes sense to you or strikes your fancy. Just be sure to write down your color-coding system to make sure you remember it later! Taping pieces of colored paper or colored Post-it® notes can represent specific rooms or types of items so you can keep these groups of boxes together and easily find them later.
Storing Your Belongings Securely at Independence Storage
Packing and organizing your boxes is just one key aspect of moving. Another is choosing the best self-storage facility in Mountain View, CA. Independence Storage specializes in excellent customer service, customer-friendly features, and safety and security measures. Each of our storage units is ground-level and has a ten-foot-high ceiling. We have on-site managers to answer your questions and get you the help you need. We encourage you to take a tour of our storage facility and ask us any questions you have about packing your belongings. Contact our team today to reserve your storage unit.
- Customer Reviews
- Convenient Storage
- Secure Storage
- Independence Storage
- Maximizing Storage Space
- Packing Tips
- Storage Unit
- Taping Boxes
- College Student Storage
- Boat storage
- Self Storage
- Fragile Items
- Organize your space
- Organized Packing
- storage facility
- self-storage unit
- Storage Rentals
- Professional storage services
- storage services
- Self Storage Insurance